Friday 25 September 2009

Cheetah

This blog isn't the best for photo sharing, but I wanted to publish some images of these guys. Of all the big cats we saw these were my favourite, particularly as I had never seen cheetah in the wild before. We first spotted (no pun intended) them from the hot air balloon. These are three males, about a year old and they were with their mother. The four cats were trailing a female lion across the Mara, just for the fun of spoiling her day. The lion could easily kill them all, but as these guys knew - she'd have to catch them first.

One of my favourite photos from the trip. When the balloon trip was over our Land Rover driver took us out for a drive and we managed to find the cheetah again. All I could think was - it's Monday morning and people are turning up for work right now. Here I am having flown over the Maasai Mara, had breakfast in the bush and now I'm spending time with these wonderful creatures. I'm just so lucky.

Another pic that I like. It shows the playfulness and sheer energy of these boys. I wish I'd shot a bit higher and got all of his tail in though.
I hope you like my cheetah bro's as much as I do.



1 comment:

  1. extraordinary photographs - a joy to look at and to read about this incredible trip.

    Thanks for sharing
    RLS

    ReplyDelete