Thursday 11 June 2009



Apologies for my poor publishing technique!



The trouble with a busy and exciting life is that it leaves very little time to write about it.

As you can see from my picture, Wainwright thoroughly enjoyed his trip to London. Although he did get me into a spot of bother.

Upon arrival in London it was raining, so we decided to head for the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. En route we discovered that the Trooping of the Colour ceremony was taking place in Horseguard's Parade and I decided that this would be a chance to enjoy British pagentry at its best. Making my way to the viewing area I had to negotiate my way through Police security and my bag was searched. Imagine the look on the face of the policewoman who reached into my bag and pulled out a heavy object, wrapped up inside my coat. She unwrapped the object suspiciously and revealed a Hull City Garden Gnome! What a picture. Sadly though I didn't have the gumption to photograph her reaction. Lesson learned there.

Despite the weather, Trooping of the Colour was a splendid occasion. I must admit though to being foolishly disappointed not to see the Queen. As I discovered about half way though, having strained throughout to catch a glimpse of Her Majesty, the event I attended was a rehearsal. I wish HM better weather when she attends the real deal next week. I bet the guardsmen do too. It can't be much fun having a soggy bearskin on your noggin.

I must depart now to pack my bag yet again. My journey this weekend takes me first to Whitby - will I resist the fish and chips? Then, on Saturday morning I have an early start and embark upon the longest, and most scenic, rail journey I have ever undertaken. Our journey takes us across North Yorkshire and then onto the famous Settle to Carlisle railway. After a brief sojourn in Carlisle we return via Teeside.

I have treated myself to the First Class Dining experience, so I might put on a few naughty ounces while chugging through the glorious scenery.

Wainwright will be coming too and thanks to my friend and fellow blogger, Rare Lesser Spotted, I now know what he eats and have ordered his breakfast and supper accordingly.

I'll let you know how we get on - if time permits!

Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment